Vaginal odor is one of the most common problem which only happens to women. It originates from the vagina and causes many negative feelings in everyday life.
Unpleasant vaginal odor can caused by various reasons, such as the growth of a bacteria, vaginal yeast infection, poor feminine hygiene, hormone fluctuations and sexually transmitted diseases.
Some common signs and symptoms of vaginal odor are:
– Itching or burning sensations
In some cases, the symptoms can be much more serious. If you are suffering different kinds of bad smells, then you may call your doctor or apply some home remedies to get rid of vaginal odor as soon as possible.
Here are the top 10 ways to treat vaginal odor effectively and safely.
1. Baking Soda
Many studies have suggested that a poor pH balance can cause many health problems, including vaginal odor. Baking soda is one of the simplest methods which has been used so widely to balance the pH level in your body. As a result, the symptoms of vaginal odor will gradually disappear.
– Add ½ cup of baking soda to your bath water
– Soak yourself in it for 15 – 20 minutes and relax
– Use bath towels to dry your body
– Repeat this remedy once a day to get the best results.
This natural treatment will help fight the yeast infections responsible for vaginal odor fast.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is also considered one of the best ways to get rid of vaginal odor. It contains the antibacterial and antiseptic properties which can help release of toxins and fight bacterial infections as well. It is also effective in restoring vaginal acidity and prevent or avoid having one in the future.
– Add ¼ or ½ cup of Apple Cider Vinegar to your bath water
– Soak yourself in it for 15 – 20 minutes
– Use bath towels to dry your body and vaginal area
– Repeat this treatment 3 – 4 times weekly until you notice a difference.
Due to its high content of lactobacillus bacteria, yogurt is also well known for treating vaginal odor fast and effectively. This beneficial bacteria can help fight a wide variety of infections and protect vaginal PH balance. As a result, the vaginal problems and vaginal odor will be eliminated completely.
– All you need to do is consuming plain, unsweetened yogurt once or twice everyday. This also helps improve your digestive system as well.
Or you can soak a tampon in plain yogurt and then insert it into your vaginal area. Leave it in for 3 – 4 hours before removing the tampon and washing it off.
4. Tea tree oil
Due to its strong antifungal and antiseptic properties, tea tree oil can help inhibit the growth of potentially harmful bacteria and yeast responsible for vaginal problems, including vaginal odor.
– Mix 3 – 4 drops of tea tree oil and 500ml – 700ml water
– Use this solution to wash the vaginal area once a day or 4 – 5 times weekly until the symptoms disappear.
Garlic contains antifungal properties which is useful to fight off bad bacteria and stop yeast from spreading around. Plus, it is also a natural antibiotic that can help beat infections without any side effects.
– You can consume 1 – 2 garlic cloves or use it in cooking dishes on a daily basis. It is better for you to eat raw garlic on an empty stomach in the morning with a cup of warm water.
– Another way is to place a piece of garlic in the vagina for 30 minutes or one hour. Remove it and then rinse your affected area with warm water.
Neem (also called Indian lilac) is a well-known herb which originates from India. It contains antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties that can help rid you of your yeast infection and vaginal odors within days.
– Wash and boil a handful of neem leaves
– Leave it on for 5 – 7 minutes
– Strain and wait until it becomes cooler.
– Wash your vaginal area with this solution once a day or 4 – 5 times a week until the symptoms disappear.
7. Citrus Fruits
It’s no secret that citrus fruits can help certain types of immune cells work better. Therefore, regular consumption of these fruits is useful to fight infections and eliminate vaginal odor as well.
Packed in vitamin C, citrus foods also can help get rid of harmful toxins and make the normal healing process work more effectively.
This is a list of citrus fruits:
– Sweet lime
8. Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds can have surprising benefits for human health, especially for women. Hundreds of studies have shown that substances found in carrots may help promote hormone balance and regulate the menstrual cycle as well.
– Soak ½ cup of fenugreek seeds in 350ml – 500ml water
– Leave it overnight
– Strain and consume this solution on an empty stomach
– Repeat this natural treatment once a day to get the best results.
– Boil 500ml water and pour ½ cup of fenugreek seeds into it
– Leave it on for 7 – 10 minutes
– Strain and drink it slowly once or twice a day
– Repeat this home remedy to get rid of vaginal odor as soon as possible
Note: Fenugreek seeds can cause stomach irritation or skin problems, stop using it if you have any of these symptoms.
9. Indian gooseberry
Indian gooseberry (or amla) is an excellent source of vitamin C, which is effective at controlling the infection and removing unpleasant vaginal odor. In addition, many studies have shown that this fruit also helps prevent obesity and associated problems.
You can consume 3 – 4 raw Indian gooseberry everyday or mix them into salads and so on.