Want to become a chef? Have you thought of managing or owing a restaurant? Cooking and culinary arts is a highly creative field and earning a degree in culinary courses is all that you need to succeed in this field. Proper education is necessary to convert your dream into reality. Top culinary schools in India are offering culinary courses to the students who wish to study fundamental culinary techniques and build a successful career in the food industry.
What is culinary education?
The world “culinary” refers to something related to cooking. It is one of the most exciting and highly popular career options among students across the world. Culinary arts courses mainly focus on the food preparation, menu planning, safety and sanitation in kitchen, skill development and problem solving in the culinary department. Culinary education plays a huge role in molding the future chefs and through proper education in one of the top culinary schools in India, one can start their culinary career. Some of the best colleges in India offering culinary programs are:
• Culinary Academy of India, Hyderabad
• Ecole Hoteliere Lavasa, Pune
• Institute of Hotel Management, Pusa
• Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development
The best school offers food-focused education to the students that gives them knowledge and skills required to succeed in every segment of the food world.
Scope of culinary arts
The food and hospitality sector offers huge career opportunities to the candidates such as private chefs, caterers, hotel and restaurant manager, prep cooks, and many more. Candidates with a culinary art degree from the leading institutes are in high demand in hotels, resorts, bistros, bakeries, private clubs and restaurants etc.
How to choose top culinary school?
Choosing a culinary school is one thing that needs to be taken seriously for a successful career. The school which you will enroll-in for culinary education will have huge impact on your career. Here are some important things to consider while choosing the best culinary school in India:
1. Accreditation: Meeting the international/national standards and quality of education makes a culinary school earn accreditation from the leading organizations.. Choosing a reputed culinary school is always the best option.
2. Culinary school facilities: The facilities offered by the institute are important to students. These facilities help students to learn and develop culinary skills. Top culinary schools in India offer stat-of-the-art facilities that help students in building a successful career after graduation. The leading institutes also offer internships to the students that help them to earn a real-world experience in the top hotels and restaurants.
3. Faculty of the institute: Before choosing a culinary art school, check out the institute’s website to get the faculty details. The faculty of the institute must be proficient in their area of expertise.
4. Hands-on instructions: A good culinary institute also has a student-operated restaurant that allows them to get a sense of real-world restaurant services. It helps students to gain experience and practical knowledge on different cuisines and cultures.
5. Placement: The most important aspect while considering top culinary schools in India is their placement record. The culinary school you enter into must have good placement record.