Kolkata is the capital of West Bengal and is considered to be the hub of educational as well as commercial culture of Eastern India. Located on the bank of the Hoogly River, Kolkata is one of the most preferred locations for technical education in India. There are innumerable engineering colleges in Kolkata. Read more to check out the list of top 8 engineering colleges in Kolkata to pursue graduate and postgraduate courses in Kolkata.
1. Indian Institute of Science Education and Research: Established in the year 2006, the Indian Institute of science education and research is also popularly known as IISER-K. The institute is AICTE approved and even has an autonomous status. The college campus of IISER-K is located near Kalyani in Nadia district of West Bengal. Spread over an area of 201 acres, the college offers all major facilities for research and education work in various streams.
2. Jadavpur University: Established in the year 1955, Jadavpur University is a public university and is approved by UGC. The university has two campuses, the main campus is located in Jadavpur whereas the other one is located in Salt Lake. The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various such as civil, chemical, construction, information, and production engineering.
3. Government College of Engineering and Ceramic Technology: Located in Beliaghata, Kolkata this institute was established in the year 1941. Currently, the institute holds the status of an autonomous institute under UGC. The students can pursue undergraduate courses in ceramic technology, computer science, and engineering, information technology among several others.
4. Netaji Subhash Engineering College: Established in the year 1998, the institute is approved by the AICTE. Located in the Garia area, offers engineering courses in several streams such as bio-medical, electronics and communication, civil engineering and mechanical engineering, some of the top companies visit the institute during the placement procedure such as IBM, SAP, HCL, Wipro and much more.
5. Government College of Engineering and Leather Technology: Established in the year 1919, the Government College of engineering and leather technology is approved by AICTE and is located in Salt Lake, Kolkata. The students are offered computer science and technology, leather technology and information technology as undergraduate specialization and are considered to be the best engineering colleges in Kolkata. They also offer post-graduate programs in leather technology.
6. BP Poddar Institute of Management and Technology: Established in the year 1999, this institute is approved by AICTE and affiliated to the West Bengal University of Technology. The institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate engineering programs in computer science, electrical engineering and much more.
7. Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management: Established in the year 2003, this Institute is situated in Tollygunge and spread over an area of 5.08 acres. The institute offers several streams of engineering courses. Civil engineering, electrical engineering, information technology engineering are just to name a few.
8. Institute of Engineering and Management: Established in the year 1989, the Institute of engineering and management is popularly known as IEM. Affiliated to the Maulana Abul Kaalam Azad University of Technology, the institute offers engineering courses in computer science, information technology, and electronics and communication.
Visit the website http://iem.edu.in to check out the entire admission procedure along with the complete list of programs available for undergraduate and postgraduate levels.