As they say, change is the only constant and we are living in a constantly changing and evolving environment where we will also see some rapid change in the technological trends of engineering and manufacturing. These trends will not only assist people in their engineering and design work, inspire more young minds into the sector but will also open new doors to solving those problems that humans didn’t think of before. Top private engineering colleges have been majorly focusing on these trends to provide their students with a better future in the field of engineering.
In this article we will talk about the top 5 trends which will help in building the future of engineering:
1. Digitization of Industries: The manufacturing industries have already been implementing many digital technologies like AI, VR, AR, 3D scanning, and printing, etc. to improve their processes and to bring a change at speed, proportion, and power to prepare themselves for a rapidly growing and changing technological environment.
2. The use of AR, VR, and MR: imagine the power of the artificial world where you can walk, touch, and observe things before they actually come into the real world. The practical application of augmented reality, virtual reality, and mixed reality is bridging a gap between the digital world and the real world. In the coming years the use of AR, VR, and MR is going to grow manifold and the engineers are going to see a positive boost.
3. Artificial Intelligence: AI- Artificial intelligence continues to be one of the fastest-growing technologies and is finding its way into industrial and manufacturing contexts. It allows engineers to develop machines capable of performing the most complicated tasks. Engineers will have to learn how to integrate engineering with artificial intelligence to produce better products. Many top private engineering colleges have also started a separate course for artificial intelligence.
4. 3D Printing: 3-dimensional printing also known as additive manufacturing allows the 3D objects to be physically printed in front of your eyes. It has become a critical part of how businesses design and make products therefore the use of 3D printing is likely to revolutionize many industries. Some of the industries that have been using 3D printing are aerospace, robotics, manufacturing, automotive, etc.
5. Sustainability: Sustainable architecture synonymous with environment-friendly architecture definitely is one such trend that is not only shaping the future of engineering but also the future of the world. The whole objective behind sustainable architecture is all about reducing waste and minimizing energy loss as well. Top private engineering colleges have been teaching their students to work towards sustainable development.
The engineering industry is expected to grow and change in varying ways. IPEC, the top B.Tech college in Ghaziabad is preparing for this shift and is adopting these new trends by providing a more entrepreneurial and digital twist to their methods of teaching, focusing on experimental learning and motivating students to create something on their own using the latest digital technologies.