Many of us face the .exe problems in our system as well as they are normal now for every user. These executable files can contain malware and can harm your PC. Most of the viruses that come to light are applications.exe, app.exe and newfolder.exe.
These types of viruses are mainly spread from USB drives and mobile phones that are connected through a USB drive to the system.
The virus is caused by a fake folder like if you insert a USB drive in your PC the USB folder shows a fake folder that is shown like a shortcut folder but the folder is not a shortcut it is an executable file folder and if you click that shortcut folder the folder opens a new window where all your USB drive files are saved.
The main thing is that if you open the shortcut folder the trojan that is in the folder is spread to the other folders when you click the desired folder.exe file. The executable file can be very dangerous; they even can disable the Task Manager, Regedit and Folder option if the virus takes over them.
This article is all about executable files that contain viruses and needs to be repaired. We will tell you all the methods of how you can recover folders that are turned into .exe files. So what are you waiting for let’s start this article so you can learn how you can remove .exe folders or recover them.
Before we go further I would like you to tell you about a file named Suabnr.exe. So What is Suabnr.exe? It is a file that works for monitoring your Windows process. Mainly it works to maintain the hardware part of your system and keep it close so they could get involved with system problems.
How you can recover files
As soon as your folders are infected with this .exe virus. All the folders that are infected will get hidden and will form a .exe file.
So if you want to recover them first you have to unhide all the folders and for this, we will help you unhide the folders by these methods that are written below.
1- Change View Settings
- Open file manager, select the view tab and then go to the top menu, Tools > Folder options
- Mark the show hidden files and folders
2- Use Command Prompt
- Go to start and on the search bar, type cmd, right-click “Command Prompt” and choose the option run as administrator
- Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and hit Enter.
As we have shown these two methods to you for making appearances of the hidden files. We would like you to tell you can fix these errors manually as well by typing commands in the command prompt window but it can be too risky for those who do not know commands and do not have a control on commands.
As wrong commands can make problems more complicated and therefore we would recommend you to try the automatic option to fix the errors of the files that can be done by any software.
There is a lot of software that usually do this job and can repair any error that you find problematic.
We would recommend a software as well that will completely fix your all errors that are creating problems in your system
That software is called EaseUs tools M. this software and repair any file that needs to be repaired and you will not need to type commands to use this, you only need a click to start this software and to make it check all the error files and repair them.
So if you want to learn how to use this software you should follow the steps below.
- First, download the EaseUs tool M which is currently free
- After that, when the software is installed open the EaseUs tool M and choose file fixing from the left pane
- After that, choose the target drive and keep the show hidden files option selected and the click the Fix button to start the process
- After the process of finding the hidden files is completed, click the view button to check the hidden files
3- Use virus attack recovery software
This method is the most effective in these three. I would assume that you are using this method because the above two did not work very well for you but do not worry this method will definitely work for you and will repair all the errors that are concerning your hidden files.
The problem will be solved with the EaseUs hard drive recovery software. This software is recommended by millions of people as they have used it and recovered their virus-infected files.
This software can even restore folders from the USB flash drive that contain .exe virus in them. Now do not just wait, download the software and then follow the below steps to make the software work for your benefit as well.
- First, open the EaseUs recovery software and then select the disk partition or storage device where you have lost the files and then click on scan
- When you click the scan button the program will start to scan for all the lost files, when the process is complete you can double click on the files that are scanned and have a preview before they can be select
- Select all the files you want to repair and then click on the Recover button to get them back.
- After that, when they are recovered you should save those files to another location where there is no threat of virus
How to remove .exe virus manually
If you want to work manually you should follow these steps carefully to avoid some other problems.
First, run the command prompt on your windows and run as administrator
After the window of the command prompt is opened type these commands. This will delete the preliminary stages of the virus
- taskkill /f /t /im “New Folder.exe”
- taskkill /f /t /im “SCVVHSOT.exe”
- taskkill /f /t /im “SCVHSOT.exe”
- taskkill /f /t /im “scvhosts.exe”
- taskkill /f /t /im “hinhem.scr”
- taskkill /f /t /im “blastclnnn.exe”
Re-Enable the task manager and Regedit by typing these commands and deleting the virus one by one
- reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
- reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
- reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /
- reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
Go to “Folder Options” > “View” > “Advanced Settings” > “Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives” and then click on OK. after that, find the following listed files and delete them all.
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\SCVHSOT.exe
We hope that these methods help you in recovering your folders that contain viruses.
If you have any queries we will love to answer them and will try to answer them as quickly as we can.