There are more than 30,000 courses offered by different colleges and institutes across India. While this variety of choice means that the right course and subject is available for you, it can be difficult to search it. Some students apply to university knowing exactly what they want to study or pursue, but most are faced with a huge variety of courses and subject areas to consider. A lot of people just look at college and university as a few years of study, and figure that they’ll be able to get through it and then move on with their lives. However, what some people disagree to consider is the fact that whatever they study will most likely depend to the career they end up with for the rest of their lives. Finding your passion and right course can help achieve your dream job and really change the rest of your life. One such course which is growing rapidly among the aspirants is M.Sc. in Wildlife Science.
Wildlife science is the study of ecological knowledge and factor in a manner that creates a balance between the needs of wildlife populations and the needs of people. Few years before, people didn’t know much about this course but today, M.Sc. in Wildlife Science is recognized nationally and internationally, and our graduates are employed worldwide. Before learning the basic ecological principles and evolutionary forces that affect wildlife and their associated habitats, Students pursue education in the basic sciences (math, chemistry, and physics). When selecting a college or institute or a program in wildlife science, aspirants should consider the following secrets:
• College or institute location is an important factor when choosing a program because different institutes offer different climates, environments and ecosystems for study. Students interested in marine life may choose a school near an ocean, while students with an interest in plains and forest animals may choose a school near a wildlife conservation organization.
• Depending on whether they intend to pursue careers as hands-on conservationists or as research scientists, students should evaluate programs for their relative emphasis on fieldwork, coursework and original research.
• Some programs offer non-thesis options for professionals currently working in the field, such as wildlife administrators and supervisors who wish to enhance their credentials through extended academic study.
This course has a rapidly expanding horizon in both national and international level. Candidates with these qualifications as wildlife managers are usually employed in government and non-governmental organizations such as Wildlife Trust of India, World Wide Fund for Nature, ATREE, WII, IUCN, etc. It also provides many opportunities for those people who are already working in the field to polish their career through a formal Diploma in Wildlife Conservation Management course and a Master’s program for Wildlife Conservation Management Courses. The Masters of Science in Wildlife Science Program is a 2 year full time course.
Here’s the list of the best colleges or institutes offering M.Sc. in Wildlife Science in India:
- Institute of Environment Education and Research, Bharati Vidyapeeth,Pune [BVIEER]
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh [AMU]
- Kerala Agricultural University, Kerala [KAU]
- Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun [WII]
- Kuvempu University, Shimoga