In India, Engineering is one of the most sought-after career choices. It is considered to be a field of brain and technical knowledge. The degree equips you with some specialized knowledge and skills. Engineering aspirants study hard to appear for the entrance examination which is essential to pass for a seat in the most prestigious colleges which are IIT’s and other top colleges. You can also opt for a top B.Tech college in Gujarat. For the selection process, entrance exam date, result, and other updates you must visit the website of the engineering colleges regularly and apply now. Here are a few points you need to know before choosing to study B.Tech as a career option. Consider the below-mentioned points before you decide on doing Engineering.
1. Figure out your interest: You must think about the things that genuinely interest you when it comes to a work environment. You should not join engineering only because it is a respected field. One needs to be interested in it to make it a career choice. One should also go through the course books properly to find out if you want to study those topics or not. Consulting the seniors in the same field to understand the requirement and necessities of work will be after you acquire the degree. Don’t go for B. Tech if your friends are going for it, but go if you want to be an Engineer. No career path is easy but opting for a career, you always wanted to, makes all the difference. Before you choose a career, make a list of the things you feel you would need in a job to make you feel successful.
2. There is no replacement for hard work: Getting admission in engineering courses to an esteemed IITs and other reputable engineering colleges requires a lot of hard work. To crack the B.Tech examination one needs to study day in and day out. It is important to know your capacity to do hard work and how much effort you can put in. As life will not be easy after getting into an engineering college. One has to work hard and be consistent in their results to get a good placement. Similarly, after placement, your workplace also demands hard work from you. Hard work is required at all stages if you choose B.Tech.
3. Reality about campus placements: You may think that once you get admission to a good engineering college you just have to work on good grades and you shall be selected in campus placement and your life will be set. But this is not the truth. The companies coming for campus placement see the overall personality of their future employees along with the mark sheets. Even the most reputable colleges do not guarantee 100% placement. It can be frustrating and overwhelming to go down a path with a limited number of options.
4. Scope in Engineering: Before choosing a career, finding the scope of B.Tech is extremely important. You must need to research about the field of Engineering you are planning to undertake. There are few fields where there are more job seekers than the jobs available. Avoid those fields and then choose according to your liking.
5. Job Stability: The field of B.Tech keeps changing like any other field. Whatever you have studied in the B.Tech engineering college, only that much will never be enough at work. You will have to keep yourself updated and constantly working towards acquiring new skills to secure your job. Only a B.Tech degree does not guarantee job security in today’s age.