If you happen to be planning a holiday in NSW, things have aligned nicely, as you found this short article that is the only thing you need for planning your time in the sunshine state of New South Wales. We talked to the top tour operator and asked about the most popular attractions that foreign and domestic tourists want to see and experience.
- See Sydney from the air – The charter helicopter experience is unlike any other and you get to see Sydney Opera House, the famous Harbour Bridge and the entire bay from the waterfront. There are numerous tour packages and the most popular is a 5-hour tour that includes 2 x 45-minute flights to take in the best sights of Sydney, Blue Mountains and Hunter Valley. You can book directly from the provider’s website and the cost is inclusive of hotel pick up and drop off, a photo shoot with the pilot and aircraft, plus a welcome drink.
- Horse riding in Hunter Valley – There are several farms that rent horses and they cater for every rider level, with some amazing trails and a guide who knows the area like the back of their hand. Search the web for horse-riding in Hunter Valley and be aware that weekends are always very busy and you should book a few weeks ahead of time.
- Hunter Valley trike tours – While there are a few ways to get around Hunter Valley, nothing beats a trike tour. A wine tour with a difference, this innovative company are dedicated to making your time in Hunter Valley the best! The machines are state-of-the-art with 4-cylinder powerhouses with lots of horses available. Click here for how to travel like a boss.
- Alpaca farms – The farms harvest alpaca wool, which doesn’t harm the gorgeous animals; the wool is used to make high-quality carpet and clothing, which you can buy at the shop when you finish the tour of the farm, which includes spending time with the cute alpacas. Google can help you find one of the family-owned alpaca farms and you can make a booking via their website.
- Barrington Tops National Park – A World Heritage Site, this National Park offers a diverse range of natural environments, from lush rainforests to limestone mountain peaks and so much more! Wildlife includes kangaroos, wallabies and many colourful species of birds, be there early in the mornings for a wonderful waking chorus and you can take some great images if you are into birdwatching.
- Hunter Valley Wildlife Park – Located 6 km from Cessnock, the park offers visitors amazing animal observations, with many species thriving in their natural habitat. Kangaroos, koalas and wallabies are all in abundance and you can really close, although we don’t advise that with the lions!
New South Wales is home to many top-rated attractions and whether self-drive or vehicle hire, you can plan your holiday using the Internet.