Students join the best business school with an ambition to make a bright and successful career. This can be achieved if the aspirant gets admission in the top ranked business school. An excellent track record and high quality education is what matters to select the right B-school for studies. Following are the parameters on which Indian business school rankings are evaluated.
1. Industry Interface: The industry interface that a business school has in terms of the quality of projects, companies visiting the campus, guest lectures and the visiting faculty gives an idea about the kind of ranking and reputation the school has built-up for itself in the industry. This is developed and maintained by both the training and placement departments along with the active participation of the candidates.
2. Pedagogy: The unique pedagogy through which the course is administrated also plays a huge role in the development of leaders and managers of tomorrow. The top ranked business schools including MIT-School of Business Pune, XLRI, SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, and Management Development Institute use innovative learning methods and unique pedagogy to make students learn different aspects of business management.
3. Alumni strength: The positions occupied in the Indian business school rankings in the corporate sector by the alumni give an idea about the reputation and standard of an institute. This goodwill further gets translated into better placements. Generally, the older the school, more distinguished is its alumni strength and this information is easily available on the brochure, website and in the alumni databases managed by the alumni committees.
4. Placements: B-school placements are looked at with expectations by all the management aspirants. It includes information about the number of companies that visited the campus along with the pay packages offered by them, and the number of overseas placements. Placement record of any business school plays a key role in deciding its ranking. One should do a careful analysis while choosing the business school to get a realistic picture.
5. Infrastructure: Infrastructure of a business school is an important determinant to judge whether the institute offers qualitative environment conducing to excellent learning. The infrastructure of the B-school includes not just the auditorium, classrooms or other entities, but also the availability of the adequate resources for effective learning.
6. Faculty: Faculty of an institute plays a huge role in improving Indian business school’s rankings. Most of the rankings cover faculty’s qualification, projects undertaken, researches carried out and their experience. These details are readily available on the website of the business school. While considering the faculty’s parameters, one should also check for the number of permanent faculty members, their experience and industry knowledge.
The other parameters that should be considered while choosing a business school are:
• Research excellence vs. academic excellence
• Course fee