Smiling faces, flashing suits, meeting new people, gorgeous decor, enjoying delicacies from around the globe and getting paid substantially for the same. If this is what you dream to do in future, then hotel management from best hotel management colleges in world is the perfect career option for you. As the world gets increasingly connected, globalized and smaller, the number of business travellers and tourists has witnessed a steep rise in the last decade.
This has pushed the hotel industry to achieve higher benchmarks of service and quality to cater to all types of demands made by the travellers. This is where the role of hotel management program comes into play, which allows candidates to work in an industry which requires very diverse skill sets in an individual. Some of the top hotel management colleges in the world providing quality hospitality education at undergraduate, graduate and post graduate levels are as follows:
- Cornell University, USA
- Ecole Hoteliere, India
- Hotel School Vatel, France
- Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Blue Mountain International Hotel Management School, Australia
Top hotel management colleges in the world
The programs at top hotel management schools in the world are based upon a powerful business curriculum with a high focus on people and service oriented operations. Working on an ideal blend formulated by highly qualified classroom teachers, these top colleges ensure that their curriculum is well equipped with all the elements that can help their candidates to make a successful career in this industry.
Extensive internship training forms an integral part of the curriculum of hotel management courses at these colleges, which provides an array of practical field experiences. These top institutes in the world create future professionals with all the desired skills of the hospitality industry, who can perfectly fit into several managerial positions in this industry. Best hotel management colleges in the world lay high emphasis on nurturing the candidates and equipping them with the skills through technology aided programs so that they can compete in this cut throat competition.
The hospitality industry offers an international and stimulating work environment and a vast array of job opportunities. The key job profiles associated with this sector are as follows:
- Hotel manager – As a hotel manager, you will be fully responsible for making a home away from home for vacationers and business travellers.
- Event planner – Meeting planners, event planners, bridal consultants, special events coordinators and party planners is part of the job profile.
- Travel agent – Travel agents offer a dual service. Firstly, they help business travellers to make arrangements for accommodation, excursions and transportation. Secondly, they also help resorts, cruise lines and travel groups promote travel packages to millions of people every year.
- Other options – You can also start your own business, teach at hotel management colleges, work in an existing hotel as a manager or also work as a consultant to the existing hotels.